POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The most dangerous species of all : Re: The most dangerous species of all Server Time
29 Sep 2024 17:19:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The most dangerous species of all
From: nemesis
Date: 30 Apr 2009 17:13:07
Message: <49fa1463$1@news.povray.org>
somebody escreveu:
> "Kevin Wampler" <wam### [at] uwashingtonedu> wrote in message
>> Warp wrote:
>
>>>   It's sad, really. Maybe the only consolation is that we will
> eventually
>>> kill ourselves
>> I don't know how consoled I feel by this possibility.
>
> I'm pretty sure you both will be dead long before humanity expires one way
> or the other, so I fail to see why one could either be consoled or
> non-consoled.

Well, I'm pretty sure the last man on Earth far off in the future will
say the same careless thing as you now, but is about to die from a
terrible tragedy anyway. :P

This argument of "well, that's a problem for our sons and grandsons"
really bothers me.  We may well have no descendants to handle that kind
of responsability.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9